Tuesday 10 May 2011

Wish you were here, doing this revision for me

Man, is this boring. I've got nothing to do all day except revise. I can't read any books because if I do then I just get totally engrossed in them and don't do any work. I'm trying to stay off the computer for the same reason. And I'm getting lots of ideas for stuff that I can't do anything with. The sooner all this is over the better.
But I have managed to flick through one book. It's called 'The Zombie Survival Guide,' and it's by Max Brooks. Generally it's ok and I don't have much against it. But zombies are an interest of mine and I can see a few flaws in this book. Not least because it assumes everyone lives in America and has access to an unlimited supply of weaponry.
Now I live in Scotland. This mean that when the inevitable horde of ravenous undead do eventually appear over the horizon I'm not going to be much good combating them. This has forced me to come up with alternative strategies to dealing with them.
I can't call myself a zombie expert. I've met a few and they scare me. But I do have a bit of knowledge. Which I'd quite like to pass on, so more people survive and those who do have guns can come and save me. Or at least hear my heroic tales.
Anyway, I've made a new youtube channel, all about surviving. It won't just be zombies, though till I get some better ideas that's what I'll be primarily focusing on. There's nothing on it yet but I'll tell you when there is. And I'll have a book review of the Survival Guide up by about Saturday.
Long and the short of it? I'm so bored this actually seems like a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment