Wednesday 18 May 2011

Yeah, I've been published. It's not a big deal.

So I managed to get a short story into a book. While I am milking it for all it's worth really it isn't that great. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's awesome being able to walk into a book store, pull something off a shelf and see your name, but I got it by winning a competition. This seems to make it less of an achievement. But I like to see it as the start of bigger and better things. I won the competition last year and that's the book coming out this year. By my rough calculations and a lot of luck and prayer I should get in about two more books this year. That's three in 2011, four in total. I'm happy with that. It's my plan really. Enter lots of competitions, hope to get noticed. I entered again this year but had to write and enter the story on the disastrous night of the prom. Which made the whole evening a total waste.
Of course if any agent is reading, things 'This kid's got skill, I should offer a publishing deal,' I've got a couple of novels waiting to be read.
And Camp Nanowrimo is right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment