Wednesday 18 May 2011

How are the Mayor of London and a zombie the same?

Well I had my Higher English paper on Friday. In it I had to critically read two articles, both about gaming. Now this seemed fine to me. I enjoy gaming and devote an unseemly large amount of time to it. Reading about it didn't seem too bad.
And for the first guy it wasn't. He was reasonable and fair when it can to the evaluation. He had some interesting things to say and made me look at some things in a different light. Of course he was, I feel, wrong about some things but no one's perfect.
Then came the second article. It was by Boris Johnson, the Mayor of London.
Now don't get me wrong. Boris Johnson is one of my favourite politicians, if only for comedic reasons. But to see him crop up in my Higher English paper was even worse. It wasn't even a good piece, merely something that had been taken from his blog. I include it here.
Now I must be fair. They cut it down a lot for the exam. The third paragraph was missed out, as well as the second half of paragraph six through to the last two lines.
But look at it. It's a piece of drivel. The part I was given were barely English. Why put this in a Higher paper?
The newspaper industry is a large one. At least one article gets written a day, some beautifully so. That's more than enough to stop us having to resort to Boris.
I would even do something for it. So, I'm sure, would many bloggers, lot's much better than I. So why, I have to ask? Do you just hate us?
Glad to get that off my chest.
Oh, also I did that zombie video. It looks rubbish but at least it's done. The link's here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8frRMMZE0tI&feature=channel_video_title
Enjoy and comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment