Monday 25 November 2013

A little something about writing.

So I think I should put something about my writing process. More specifically about procrastination.
I love being a writer. Really, I do. I find writing a very fun activity and burst writing (putting out a large amount of words in a short space of time) is a huge rush. Some day I hope to be able to inspire the same emotions in others that authors have inspired in me.
The only thing is...I'm lazy.
Distractions on the internet are an easy way for me to be entertained and I have a hard time getting myself to focus. It's always been that way with writing for me. Before I had internet access I'd stop writing to read random sections from random books. Once I'm in the zone I can output words at an fantastic rate but getting into there is really hard for me.
And ok, I'm writing this news post instead of doing NaNoWriMo.
Apart from the chronic procrastination things aren't going badly. I wrote 8000 words yesterday, bringing my total up to 10,000. That's me a fifth of the way there. I'm hoping to write 10,000 tonight, which will leave me with a total of 20,000.
I guess I should stop wasting time. I'll post an update on Wednesday. Hopefully it'll be all about how I succeeded and how I reached the 50,000 words well ahead of time. But we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment