Wednesday 4 December 2013

The quiet month

It's probably about time I did a small blog post, just to catch everyone up to where I am now and what's going to be happened. I should really be doing these more often but being a writer means that things don't happen very fast. The next time you pick up a book and skip through those 300 odd pages it's probably worth considering that it took about a year to write that book, get it fully edited and then presented to you. Which doesn't present you with a lot to talk about until after it's done.

So I managed to finish NaNoWriMo on time. Just. Most of the words were done in the last four days. Hopefully next year I'll be slightly more organised over it but I doubt it. Still there's 50,000 words done that can be edited down into something more usable. And then stuck in a cupboard for years until I remember about it and use it. That's not really important though. I do NaNoWriMo just to keep me sharp and to increase my typing speed in case of emergencies. I was over 3k an hour at some points this year. That was pretty cool.

Things with Attack of the Giant Robot Chickens is pretty much wrapped up. I've got to proof-read the manuscript two more times and then that's it. I'll be completely done. It's...interesting. Part of me still can't really accept that I'm going to be published. I think it'll only be when I hold the finished book in my hands that I'll really believe it. But I'm now on both Amazon and the Waterstones website for pre-ordering. And that is so cool I can't properly describe it.

There's not really going to be much happening on this blog for the next month. This is usual for December. I'm usually pretty tired after NaNoWriMo or I'll be more focused on editing what I have. This year I've got a lot of coursework that has to be finished and handed in. And I can't buy and new book in case I get them for Christmas. So basically don't expect much up on here for the rest of the year. Any books I do review will be older ones that I've read a few time. I will have a new one (for me) up just before Christmas but apart from that I'm not promising anything.

Anyway, I'd best get back to work. Busy, busy, busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment