Monday 22 October 2012

Pumpkins

I haven't posted anything in a wee while so I thought I'd throw together a blog post, just to make it look like this is actually an active blog. Also I fell asleep at five o'clock, woke up at midnight and now I can't get back to sleep.
A fair amount has been happening to me lately, though not much that I can post on here. I've been trying to write some stories for some competitions but I'm a bit rusty. To solve this I've decided to enter NaNoWriMo again this year. It's only eight or so days away and I don't know what I'm doing yet but it's not like that's stopped me in the past. I've also been working on last years NaNoNovel. It's actually looking not too bad, though very rough and ready. I'm planning to get it into a better state before starting the next one. Then again I plan a lot of things so who knows what will actually happen.
Although I don't have much chance to get books these days I do have a copy of Oblivion by Anthony Horowitz. However I've not really got into it yet. Mostly it's because it was so long since I've read the others in the series that I'm having trouble remembering who is who and what exactly happened. There's also the issue that the setting for this book is very different to the others. I'm going to get round to it eventually but it's not exactly been compelling me to read and I have other things to do.
On the subject of books, though I don't think we're ever off the subject on this blog, I've just been published again. In the Spring I entered a poetry competition with a prize of £1000. While I didn't win that, and honestly the winning poem about chickens was so good I don't care, I did get published in the anthology. It's called 'Animal Antics 2012' and while not quite as prestigious as Poetry Rivals it's still nice to once again be in print.
As a last piece of news filming just finished today on a short film for a university project. I mention this because I wrote the script (and was the general errand boy but that's not as prestigious.) The video still needs to be edited and put up on a YouTube channel, the name of which has not yet been decided, but it was still pretty amazing to see everything coming together. Hopefully there will be other videos in the future but for now I'm delighted in what we've achieved. When it is uploaded I will link it for your general perusal.
I think I'm finally feeling tired again so with that I bid you goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment