Sunday 10 April 2011

I've been told I whine too much. It's probably true.

Well, this is the second Sunday that I'm not going to be putting up a short story. The truth is, I've been really busy and just haven't the time. And truly, this Sunday is probably not going to be the last.
I am crazy busy right now. I've got exams coming up in less than a month which I have to revise for. I'm helping with another blog, Ides of February' and there's been a few difficulties with that. I'm entering as many competitions as I can before the exams hit. And I'm generally lazy, which doesn't help.
But I have done some reviews. Technically these take longer than short stories to do because I have to read the whole book but I'm going to be reading these books anyway, so in reality it feels like they can be done quicker. I also quite enjoy the reviews, so there will be more of those, at least two in the next week. They will be 'Pegasus and the Flame' by Kate O'Hearn, which I picked up because of a buy-one-get-one-free deal, and the latest and last Alex Rider book, 'Scorpia Rising' by Anthony Horowitz. There might be others, depending on if I get anywhere near a book store soon. Which is frankly the plan. I'm learning if I won or lost quite a big competition tomorrow so I'll be trying to keep my mind off it as much as possible.
I'm also considering doing some other stuff with my stories. The competition comes with some money so I'm thinking of putting a series of chapters of a story up on youtube, read aloud with pictures as we go. I'm also thinking of doing other reviews, namely TV shows. This may be tricky as my voice is less than melodious and I can't draw for toffee, so I'll need an illustrator. So we'll see how that goes.
I think that's about all that's been happening to me lately. I'm trying to build up a collection of short stories to see me through the exams but then again I've been trying that for about as long as I've had this blog so who knows what'll happen.
Watch this space, people. More will be coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment