Tuesday 8 March 2011

Something slightly different

So why am I doing this? It's a question I frequently ask myself, usually at some ungodly hour of the morning when the story still isn't done. And there's a number of reasons. It's good practise for when I eventually reach some sort of writing profession. It forces me to expand my ideas quickly and get them down on paper even quicker. There is also the addrenaline surge I get from writing, which can never be discounted.
But mostly I'm doing it because I kind of hope that someone will see it and instantly offer me a two-book contract, followed by a movie deal. Which really isn't likely. But seriously, that's mostly my idea. Build up an online presence which will make it easier to get publishers of one kind or another to take me on.
I'm devoting a fair amount of time to this (ok that's a lie, I'm leaving it till the last moment then praying desperately but I'm meaning to spend lots of time on it.) And I want to do other things as well. So I got this idea. There's more to writing then stories. I can do reviews too.
So that's my new plan, which is really just an extension of the 'write about everything' one. I also have a youtube channel but nothing is on it yet. I'm planning to have me reading out my stories or maybe some of them being acted but I need more money for that, to pay for illustrators. So I'm just going to be writing stories and reviews for now.
And here's the first. Fever Crumb

No comments:

Post a Comment