Sunday 25 May 2014

From student to author

Turns out that life as both a student and an author is very busy. I might be doing a talk about it in a few months but let's just says that you have to go around the place, doing talks at schools and festivals and still hand in essays on time. I've been loving it of course but I think I'm only still in university by the skin of my teeth.
But that's all behind me now. I've submitted the last piece of coursework for this year and unless I fail something I'm free for the summer. And that means I can switch from being a reluctant student to a reluctant author (I don't like work, even when it's fun).
So what will I be doing with my new free time? Well I've got a few projects on the go, most of which can be found on the relevant page on my website. I also have one or two secret projects that I won't be revealing until I know they're doable, because I don't want to get hopes up and because I like being able to say I have secret projects. If they work it'll be very exciting though.
And I suppose it's  time to start the long standing tradition of starting to update this blog, do well for a short time and then lose steam. I'll try a couple of reviews a week and we'll see how it goes from there.
And on that note I watched Godzilla today so here's a review on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment